Week 3 (MKTG 347) - How to Help You Solve Your Problems in the Job Hunting World

Now a days in order to get a job you need more than just a Bachelors degree. If you have no work experience your degree isn't always enough to get you a job. Back in the day the unemployed took only about 5 weeks to find a job, well times have gotten harder, between 17% to 30% of the unemployed take over a year to find a new job. Since I have been working since my senior year of high school I have been able to get jobs a little more easily, especially since I worked in my High School as a bank teller. EarthMover Credit Union had its own branch within my school and they offered students a chance to work as bank tellers and I decided I would do it. To work as bank teller you had to have many skills, and the skills are used in many other work places which is why I seem to get jobs more easily. But for those of you who can't find a job so easily these are the things you need to be aware of when looking for employment.

When looking at job boards it can be broken down into these categories.

1. Search Engines
Image result for job hunting
2. Mega Job Boards
3. Niche Job Boards
4. Company Job Boards
5.Job Boards for Particular Ages

Some things that can help with job hunting are:

- You are the given, meaning you can either take the traditional route where you shape yourself to fit the job or the creative route where you try to find a job that fits you.

- The importance of self inventory

- Search for what you love, not for just what you can do.

- Always prioritize

- Always have alternatives

Link to Photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 (MKTG 348 OL) - Exploring SEO Certification

Week 5 (MKTG 347) - Facebook Ads